Re: question % logging

At 11:39 12/06/2001 +0200, Falko Braeutigam wrote:
>On Tue, 12 Jun 2001, Stan Pinte wrote:
> > hello,
> >
> > from the Impl classes (extends OzoneObject), where can I get a
> reference to
> > a logging object, to output some logs?
>
>Just send your logs to System.out/err. Both should be attached to the ozone
>server logger. Unfortunately nobody found the time to do this yet.
>
>Given the internal logger to the database objects would make the log system
>part of the ozone API. This is not really needed IMO. Using System.out/err
>should be enough and si much simpler. Ideas?

hello Falko,

I agree on this. The problem is that it is instinctively "dirty" to use
System.out.println in the code, but if it is documented that that's the way
to log something, well, then we could do it. A possible advantage of
exposing the Log API would be that the logs could be prioritized,
classified,....richer.